Our Emergency Services are Available 24/7
At Delaney Veterinary Services, we believe that prompt, competent, reliable 24/7 emergency service is essential to the health and welfare of horses and the peace of mind of every owner. We provide extensive emergency care for all types of conditions including wounds, fractures, eye injuries, acute lameness, infections, colic and foaling at your location or at our clinic.
Our surgical facility includes two padded induction and recovery rooms attached to our operating room. Our operating room contains a gas anesthetic machine with dual purpose for both foals and mature horses, as well as a ventilator. To monitor anesthesia we perform electrocardiography (ECG), direct aterial blood pressure, non invasive blood pressure, pulse oximetry, capnography, inspired expired gas readings, and blood gas levels.
- Some examples include: castration, arthroscopy, sequestrum removal, airway, soft tissue, fracture repair, arthrodesis, hernia repair, enucleation, colic emergency.
- Post surgical lay-up care.
Lameness & Pre-Purchase Exams
- From basic exams to advanced cases
- Indoor and outdoor arenas as well as a long indoor alleyway for lameness work-up
- Soft tissue treatment ( IRAP, PRP, stem cell)
- Shockwave therapy
- Pro stride
- Equinosis Lameness Locator
- Digital radiology
- Dynamic Scope for video endoscopy while at work
- Digital ultrasonography (reproduction, soft tissue injury, masses)
- Video endoscopy (upper airway, gastric ulceration, urogenital tract)
Dentistry (check-ups, cap and wolf tooth removal, powerfloats, tooth extraction)
In house routine lab work- (Chemistry, PCV/ total protein, fecal analysis, cytology and blood gases)
Advanced lab work
Isolation stalls and treatment
24 hours, 7 days a week care
Camera monitored stalls
IV fluid therapy
More than 16 outdoor pens and paddocks available for less critical cases
2 isolation stalls (fully equipped to treat any infectious diseases)
- Functional Assessments
- Specific Injury Rehabilitation
- Nutritional & Lifestyle Coaching
- Postural and Gait Analysis
- Athletic Development Plans
- Spinal Manipulation