Your horse’s reproductive health is our top priority.
Whether it’s producing only the best quality semen from your stallion or getting that much anticipated dream pregnancy, to everything in between. Horses are carefully managed, with their welfare at the heart of all we do.
Breeding season is here!
For the 2023 reproduction season, DVS is continued to be committed to providing cooled and frozen artificial insemination services, along with collecting stallions for cooled/chilled shipping and in house breeding services. DVS will also be continuing to provide pregnant mare care, foaling out services, and neonatal care.
DVS Reproduction Department has put together some information to help your breeding season go as smoothly and as successfully as possible.
Please see the attachments for details:
Our reproductive services are open. Currently Dr. Lana Delaney is performing our regular procedures including:
- reproductive ultrasounds
- breeding wellness exams
- uterine culture, cytology, biopsy
- fresh and frozen semen AI
- semen collection, shipping, and freezing
If you require embryo transfer, please contact our Reproduction team directly.
- DVS will make all efforts to successfully collect with the Stallion Monday – Wednesday- Friday with 24 hour notice from February 1 until August 1, 2021.
- Must call 780-922-3647 by 9 am MST one day prior to breeding day to schedule.
- Cancellations must be made by 8 am MST the day of collection to 780-293-8597 otherwise collection fees will apply.
Our reproductive team is focused on client and patient care, with highly trained personnel working to ensure the best for both mare and stallion owner.
Reproductive Services Offered:
- Stallion collection and semen assessment
- Stallion collection training
- Breeding / artificial insemination (fresh and frozen semen)
- Foaling out (with 24 hour camera monitored stalls and foal alert systems)
- Twin reduction
- Embryo transfer
- Reproductive assessment and uterine biopsies
- Pregnant mare management
Prescription Refill Policy: Please call a minimum of 24 hours ahead for prescription refills or supplement orders. Thank you!